What’s more, TWRP will be a great help if there was something wrong inside the device. The HTC U11 was launched this year with a powerful hardware and the flashing HTC Sense software. It offers a 5.5-inches super LCD5 display, a Snapdragon 835 chipset, USB Type-C, front-mounted fingerprint sensor and more. The software has its own perks with the HTC device, that includes Boomsound technology and Edge Sense. If you have already customized the device with custom ROMs/recovery/root, and want to restore HTC U11 to stock firmware, then we will help you. Backup of firmware depends on how the TWRP maintainer predefined firmware selection of partitions for this phone model.
- Tap the one you want and you’ll see the following screen.
- One way is to use the Android Debug Bridge (adb) tool that is included in the Android SDK.
- It’s made by Chainfire, the developer behind apps like SuperSU and the blue light filtering app CF.lumen.
- We cover multiple examples, from Bluetooth and FTP servers to various useful third-party apps.
- This will most likely be the pre-selected ones, and don’t select any of the protected partitions.
- Once you’ve found the ROM you want to install, download the ZIP file either on your computer or on your phone.
The backup will restore your old apps and data, meaning that apps you’ve uninstalled will reappear, and text messages you’ve since received will disappear. If your Nandroid backup is more than a day or two old, you might want to keep it for emergencies only. Low storage space in your device hampers the smooth operation as well as prevents downloading or updating latest software. Some ROM backup apps create the backup in your SD card or internal memory itself. So, it is wise to leave enough free space to accommodate the device’s various activities. Further in this article, we are going to show you how to backup the custom ROM on your Android device with ease. By now, let me tell you about how we are going to make NANDROID ROM backup and restore.
We’ll not be held responsible if your phone gets damaged by following these methods. You can use the device drivers provided by your device manufacturer or you can follow the below link to install drivers for any device using PDANET. There are too many reasons why you would want to backup your Android device.
Second, on your PC from the command prompt you will need to be able to locate both the adb command and your backup file. The easiest way to do this is to run the adb command from the directory where adb is located. For 4.0+ devices there is a solution called “adb backup”.